Cherry Fluff Salad
You can never go wrong with a classic recipe like this cherry fluff salad. It only takes a handful of ingredients to make and a quick toss together. A deliciously sweet and fruity side dish for most occasions.
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling (21 ounces)
- 1 Can Crushed Pineapple, drained (20 ounces)
- 1 Tub Whipped Cream (8 ounces)
- 7 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, starting with the whipped cream followed by the cherrypie filling.
Mix well and serve immediately, or cover and store in the fridge until it’s ready to be served.
- This recipe has quite a few variations it’s obtained over the many years it’s been around. Some people like to use maraschino cherries instead of pie filling. Other add-ins often include sour cream, cottage cheese, chopped pecans, etc.
- Be sure to cover your salad with plastic wrap when storing it in the fridge so it doesn’t dry out. Store for up to a week. Do not freeze.
- When storing it in the fridge, you’ll want to give it a good fold over a few times, just to distribute the moisture that has usually gone to the top.
- After being stored a few days, the marshmallows will absorb the liquid and soften, so don’t be alarmed if this happens. It’s normal and actually results in a bolder flavor, in my opinion.